Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Adventure


We had quite a lot of excitement here at kindergarten this morning, Les from down the road came to visit us. He had been doing some gardening and had found a sleeping hedgehog in the garden. Several children took turns having a cuddle before we decided to find a place in our garden to put her. First Aragorn, Kya, Kaia, Ashton, Jeneah, Chikoia and I went back down the road with the wheel burrow for some leaves for her. Les showed us his guineapig before he went a collected some hay for us to use instead. Then on the way back down the street we were lucky enough to discover a dead bird lying on the foot path. We brought it back to kindergarten to share with the other children. It had very beautiful and colourful feathers. Ally took lots of pictures so that we could investigate what type of bird it was. Kaia seems to think a bat may have killed it. After the excitement of the bird, we found a place in the garden for the hedgehog and Renee and Jeneah kindly built a little garden fence to keep her safe. Thank you girls, that was such a kind thing to do. We'll keep an eye on her to see when she will wake up.

Abby.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I was wondering why you had photos of a dead bird up on the board! You guys... no wonder Renee loves kindy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are sooooo lucky to find a dead bird. Next time I see one I will get Lia to bring it in for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been looking through the postings in Renee's blog, its so special! I hope you can keep blogs forever and ever because it will be so lovely for Renee, (and me) to look back on. I know Renee has loved her time with you guys and I think you are all really caring, special teachers. Thanks for everything and I hope we will keep have such good luck with teachers when we move on to school! You can count on having Jaiden in a couple of years... I just love how you put so much effort in to getting to know the children and extending their interests whatever they are! You make such an effort to make their environment interesting and varied. The children are so calm and well behaved all thanks to your efforts and support of them!!! Thanks for being such great teachers!!! Greatly appreciated!!!
    I could go on and on, but won't.
    Thanks a million,
    Elisabeth :)

    ReplyDelete